Monday 5 February 2018

ROGERING - JOLLY AND POL





It's a gorgeous day here now that the wind has dropped and the rain has gone. After my walk we went kayaking across the bay. The water was as still as a mill-pond which is unusual given that the breezes usually come in the late morning.
We went across the large bay to a small beach on the other side and stopped for a swim (The Old Girl swam and I wallowed).

It was good as I offered her the new kayak but she refused and used her rudderless one. This suited me as I prefer kayaks with rudders - they go more smoothly. Yo-Ho-Ho!

We're enjoying a nice long weekend. Actually, to be correct, The Old Girl is enjoying a nice long weekend - with me, every weekend is a nice long weekend. She brought two bottles of Champagne up with her. Vintage Pol Roger, one a Rose and the other a Blanc de Blancs. We had the Rose on Saturday and will have the Blanc de Blanc tonight. I'm going to make a cheese and spinach souffle which should complement it.




We'll have a few games of pool but I want to teach her to play snooker (she beat me at pool on Saturday 2:1).


I won't write any music today.


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Maybe The Curmudgeon Inc. could use someone else's song. I can see 'Ten Green Bottles' working. After all, those Curmudgeons are getting old.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles' would be apt.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Luck old The Curmudgeon!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Does this include all The Curmudgeon Inc. boys and the agony aunt?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, room for them all on the kayaks but there wasn't enough champagne to go around.