Tuesday 20 February 2018

I'M GETTING OLDER BUT AM I GETTING SILLIER?

I seem to be injuring myself a lot lately.

Last year a tripped outside the apartment building in auckland, fell flat on my face and damaged my fingers which are still occasionally sore. SEE HERE

Before Christmas I fell down a bank at golf and hurt my ankle and knee which is still giving me gyp.
SEE HERE

Last night while bringing the recycle bin up from the roadside I tripped on the steps and rolled gently into the garden and then ungently onto the driveway where I badly scraped my left elbow and cut a finger somehow.

Today while playing tennis I seem to have twisted or hurt my right elbow which is bloody sore.

I swear that I'm my own worst enemy.






3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Maybe less Chardonnay would help?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just joking, hope you're okay.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm OK, apart from being a bit sore.
I actually thought it was quite funny as I slowly rolled through the garden plants down to the driveway - until my elbow hit the concrete that is.

Just part of getting old I figure. There maybe is some divine justice in this as my sister and I used to laugh when mum had a tumble (well it did look funny sometimes. My sister Kathy - now a GP - just about pisssed herself laughing when mum tripped over some imaginary defect on the footpath in Lambton Quay and slowly rolled off into the gutter. Not exactly the best 'bedside manner')