Wednesday 14 February 2018

I WONDER IF SHE'LL BUY IT





I heard an interviewee on National Radio yesterday saying that weeds are good for the garden.

WEEDS

This pricked my ears up.

The recent run of hot but rainy weather has not only created unbearable mugginess but it has encouraged weeds to run riot. These little bastards sprout up in my vegetable garden, amongst the ferns at the side of the house, in and around the lawn, on the gravel drive and between the bricks on the outside paving. Bastards!



I bought a long handled weed grouter (I'm unsure if this is what it's called) which means that I don't have to kneel to 'grout' them out but even so, they grow as fast as I get rid of them.

I went to Auckland last weekend and The Old Girl isn't coming up this coming weekend so it'll be three weeks since she's been here by the time she gets here in two weekends time. No doubt I still won't be on top of the weeds so I'll have to tell her about the National Radio interview I heard and that weeds are good. Here's hoping she'll believe me.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The catagory for this post is 'fill in'.

Richard (of RBB) said...

The Fill In When There's Really Nothing To Say Curmudgeon.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, you're the master at that.