Monday 19 February 2018

GUILTY PLEASURES

I give old Richard of Richard's Bass Bag a bit of a hard time about his art film, literature and poetry appreciation. OK, he's a music professional and has bona fide degrees in this and no doubt can distinguish between Tchaikovsky's - Symphony No. 6 and Starship's We Built This City. 


PYOTR ILYICH AND STARSHIP SHARE THE SAME CHORDS


The problem is that he thinks Gravity's Rainbow is an icecream flavour, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock is a Curmudgeon's agony Aunt letter and that if he saw a Jackson Pollock painting he'd get out his handkerchief and try to clean it up. When it comes to cinema he thinks that the greatest films ever feature Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Liam Neeson.

Every now and then though I confess to 'doing a Richard' and reading a Lee Child novel or, dare I say it, watching a Liam Neeson film.

On NETFLIX tonight when I trawled through looking for something good to watch I stumbled on a film A Walk Among The Tombstones featuring Liam Neeson.




The 'stumble' was metaphorical but was a result of having imbibed a couple of glasses of Chardonnay (with label on) and a glass of Pinot Noir ( also with label on) so 'stumble' is apt.

I'm  enjoying watching this film and am writing this while replenishing my glass and eating an  ice cream 'cookie'. I similarly sometimes enjoy reading Lee child novels and listening to 1970s punk and new wave music. It makes me feel guilty but hey! That's life.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Was there any point to this post? Ah, yes,what you had to drink.