Wednesday 28 February 2018

CHRISTIAN MUSIC

Richard (of RBB) wrote that Robert's posts have been deleted again HERE

I'll take his word for it.
Next to go no doubt will be the entire blog although, given it's simple construction, knocking it down won't take much effort. Maybe he'll build a new one. Who knows. Who cares.

It will leave a void though, one which will need filling to cater to the religious nutters out there who are looking for spiritual guidance.

I'll see if I can help.


****************

Religious people like singing. In the USA alone nearly 20% of all published and recorded music is labelled Christian/Gospel. That's a lot and is only the labelled-as-such stuff. An awful (and I do mean awful) lot of other stuff is religious tainted oriented but goes under the guise of Country, Latin, Rock, Pop or Alternative.

In this Post I've selected a few 'must-listen-to' albums for the religious nutters religion-oriented people to listen to:


1. THE FAITH TONES





The Faith Tones album JESUS USE ME is a staple for any good Christian's collection.
This 'rock-along' LP includes some instant classics like 'Cover Me Holy Ghost In Your Sacred Stuff', 'Miraculously Impregnate Me Archangel Michael' and 'I'd Do Anything For You God. Anything'.




2. THE MINISTERS QUARTET





The Ministers Quartet will have instant appeal to current and lapsed Marist Brothers and will have resonance with many of ex-Marist school pupils. The lively rendition of 'Let My Fingers Do The Walking' will bring tears to your eyes. Seriously, it'll bring tears to your eyes.
My favourite is 'Let The Hand Of Jesus Slip Up Your Shorts' with it's clever harmonising and with Fat Freddy Blomquist making interesting 'Ooo - eee' sounds as a counterpoint.




3. SVETLANA GRUEBBERSOLVIK





Svetlana Gruebbersolvik really nails it though with her interestingly titled album MY LIPS ARE FOR BLOWING. Svetlana, a good and virginal Christian woman demonstrates that she can be 'hip' with lively renditions of 'Is That A Clarinet In Your Pants Minister', 'The Blueballs Of Scotland' and a cover version of 'Let My Fingers Do The Walking'.


******************

Have a listen to these dear readers and I will bring up bring you updates of new titles as I find them.

May the Holy Spirit be in you, on you, with you - you know what I mean.



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry, I don't know how I missed this. Very good!