Monday 15 January 2018

UNDER PRESSURE








I hate shopping at the best of times but can usually handle it when shopping for myself as I can nip into a shop and usually buy the nearest thing I see that generally caters to my needs.



Of course in the past this has led to a wardrobe full of new clothes that don't fit or don't suit but hey - the alternative of spending a lot of time in a clothes shop being harassed by 'pretty young things' is worse.

I never have problems visiting wine shops or lurking in the wine aisles in supermarkets though.

Today after I dropped The Old Girl off at the bus station I went to the supermarket. Normally this is OK as I know what I want and if a brand I had in mind isn't available I just grab something else ideally that is on special. This time though The Old Girl had written down a few items that I just knew were going to be trouble.


She wanted a St Ives body wash - vanilla scented. WTF? Where the hell do I find that. I hate trying to find these women's items. The location of them in supermarkets  generally don't follow logic. I walked up and down the aisle for ages. If it had been for me I'd have just grabbed the first thing I saw (and then discover when at home that Jif isn't suitable as a body wash in the shower ) ...then again...


I eventually found the item:



This packaging was definitely designed by a woman. A man would have put - just under the St Ives brand name - VANILLA BODY WASH in big bloody letters.

Item one scored which only took about 10 minutes.



Item two was Ecostore Rose shampoo. I spent another 10 minutes looking at all of the Ecostore shampoos. They didn't have a bloody rose one! I bought one that sort of had rose coloured writing:


I knew I had the wrong one, I just knew it but what could I do - waste another 10 minutes?
I put it in the trolley and when going further up the aisle past the hand soaps I saw Ecostore Rose and Cardamom hand wash:


I bought this as well thinking that she can mix them together if she wants a rose flavoured shampoo.

*****************


I hate having to shop for women's things. Their wants are so prescribed - no substitutions allowed.

Do they realise what pressure it puts us blokes under?

Maybe it's all part of their plan to wear us down!








2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

There is actually a worse thing - hanging up women's clothes after they have been washed. With my stuff it's just socks, handkerchiefs, t-shirts and big black underpants in one cupboard, shirts on hangers and pants on hangers. Simple. Every piece of a woman's clothing is different. Some have lining bits that you have to work out how to get back inside, some want to slide off the hanger. There are often not enough hangers so sometimes you have to double up. It's a nightmare and the real big downside of being at home and having to put away the washing. We men have it hard alright!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, totally agree with that.
Lynn folds all the washing again after I do so it's easier for me to just bundle it together and dump it in the hot water cupboard.
Have you ever tried to fold a fitted sheet?