Monday 28 April 2014

PEELY-WALLY

 

"I’m actually pale blue: it takes me a week of sunbathing to turn white."


                                                                                     -Billy Connolly


I'm quite pale skinned myself, not as bad as the Scots but until I moved to Northland five years ago I never really had decent suntans. I went from white to sunburnt  very quickly and from there to flaking skin and white again.

Daily exposure to the outdoors and sunshine all year round darkened me nearly all over as my usual outdoors wear was shorts and if it was colder, shorts and tee shirt.



Having been living in Toronto for the last seven months, five and a half months of which were the coldest winter in recent times means that my long wanted tan has disappeared.
My white legs are enough to frighten small children and animals.



I must make an effort now that Spring has arrived to get out in the trusty shorts and tee shirt again.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Lucky locals!

Bin Hire said...

Good one Richard (of RBB)!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I don't mind the white legs so much, it's just that it makes the varicose veins stand outlike motorways on a map.

Angry Jesus said...

When I was around last time, I lived in the middle east but I still kept my body white - look at any picture of me. Try here...

https://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=655&q=jesus&oq=jesus&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1244.2928.0.3408.5.4.0.1.1.0.255.993.2-4.4.0....0...1ac.1.42.img..0.5.1011.MglNKKLbhG0