Saturday 18 June 2011

BLOKE DAY

We had a hell of a storm yesterday and last night with very high winds and driving rain. Today it has been calm, warm and sunny. Bugger. No excuses for not doing the blokes jobs since the Old Girl is home all weekend.

First off was washing and polishing the cars
We have had a lot of road works around the area which keeps the Rover filthy and the Old Girl drives to Auckland a lot and there is continual road works between here and there so the Peugeot needed a good clean as well. As a real estate agent I am supposed to present a tidy image so I gave both cars a good going over.

Next, wood chopping

We have two wood burners in the house so I set both of them and chopped enough wood for back-up in case it turns cold again tonight and tomorrow. Although we installed insulation and a heat pump it is an old house with high ceilings so requires a bit of warming. Besides, it will be nice to have a fire going to enjoy dinner and a glass of wine by.

Warm glow

Next was trimming the lawns. As we don't have much lawn and what there was in the front I covered with a deck, I don't need a lawn mower. I bought a new weed eater/lawn trimmer a few months back hoping that this machine would be trouble free.

Before


After

Bloody stupid machine. I had to virtually dismantle it to add more line. After all this time you would think the morons who manufacture these would have perfected the line-feed mechanism.  Some joker in the marketing department had the gall to name the feeder head 'Easy load'. Failing that they should pay the license or whatever to incorporate the nifty simple feeding device that can be attached. I have to go and buy one of these for about $50. Maybe they are all the same company and this is a rort.


Anyway, jobs outside done now, fresh bread baking in the bread maker, soup cooking on the stove. All is well. When the sun goes over the yardarm (whatever that is) it will be time for a glass of wine. I think it will be the Waipara Hills 2009 Pinot Noir I bought through Blackmarket.


This was one of the best buys of the year. I recommended it in a previous post. If you bought some, well done. If not, its too late as it is all sold out. I bought two dozen.

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't let Angry Jesus see this post - he'll close down your posting, like he did on mine!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

AJ can go f*ck himnself.
Well done TC, I had a look , but you were right, none left.

THE WINE GUY said...

Persevere TSB. Keep an eye on the blackmarket site and I'm sure that you will find a wine that suits you and your pocket. I look out for bargains on Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. I know what I like and generally know how much the wines usually cost. A simple web search can confirm that to you. I am drinking a Martinborough Pinot Noir at the moment, bought off Blackmarket about 8 months ago for $12.99. I believe its original (retail) price was around $30. The wine is bloody good.

Anonymous said...

"We have two wood burners in the house "
Goodness, my heart goes out to you.
I gave up with just one after a year in our Petone house. We replaced it with gas and have never looked back.

THE WINE GUY said...

"We replaced it with gas and have never looked back."

Like one of those sneaky farters TSB was talking about. The ones who pretend it wasn't them.

Anonymous said...

No my friend, this one comes from the really big one, we are talking mother earth!

word verification: mamothblow
just kidding